Twin+E in the roof space

Isaac More

Staff member
"Twin+E" typically refers to electrical wiring or cables, especially in the UK and other countries that follow similar electrical standards. The "+E" part refers to the earth or grounding wire in a twin and earth cable, which is a common type of electrical cable used for household wiring.

If you have "Twin+E" in your roof space, it may imply that there is electrical wiring in the attic or roof space, which is not uncommon, especially if the space is used for various purposes like lighting, power outlets, or ventilation equipment.

If you have specific questions or concerns related to electrical wiring in your roof space, it's important to consult with a qualified electrician to ensure that everything is installed and maintained safely and in compliance with local electrical codes and regulations. Electrical work can be hazardous, and it's essential to prioritize safety in such situations.